I made a new top! It’s a t-shirt pattern designed for woven fabric, from grainline studios.
Here’s the details:
Pattern: Scout woven tee from grainline studios, which you can buy here
Material: (Allegedly) Paul Smith yellow gingham from Fabrics Galore, left over from my sunshine dress.
- I added a pocket, because of my sick compulsion to add stupid tiny pockets to everything.
- I put three lines of shirring just below the shoulder seam line.
- I folded my neckline bias binding to look a bit like faux piping, which is not in the instructions.
- It was tiny bit too big, so I tapered in the sides quite a lot. I sewed a 8, next time will prob go for a 6.
* ie. I listened to two and a half This American Life episodes while cutting out and sewing.
Hopefully this will be the first of many. It’s perfect for those special patterned fabrics that need a simple pattern to really show them off. Highly recommended.